Saturday, November 15, 2008

Female Vigilantes


L1040772, originally uploaded by thefuturistics.

I bought two dvd's at platekompaniet yesterday. Both 59,50 in the sale section. I didn't really think about it, but both movies revolve around women horribly wronged by other men, not relying on the official system of crime+punishment, and taking the knife, pistol, stiletto in their own hands. Jodie Foster and her husband are attacked and left for dead. Her husband dies, but Foster starts a career as a vigilante. Neil Jordan is the director, so I am looking forward to taking a look. In "I spit on your grave" a manhattanite on a relaxing get away is raped. and left for dead. She survives and exacts her horrible revenge. Having being mugged myself, but not a woman, i guess I am drawn to these types of movies.
What if?

No comments: