Saturday, October 25, 2008

burden bargain


burden 74-77, originally uploaded by thefuturistics.

I'm not the one for dumpster diving, but I love going through the bargain racks at bookstores, recordstores, comicbookstores, and so on. I found this at Astrup Fearnley Museum in Oslo and was very happy! I love Burden (he doesn't know it) and recognized this book from the library. It's a catalog he published in 1978 on his performance work from 1974 to 1977. It was 25 NOK, which isn't a lot in today's unstable kroner market. I just checked and it's actually worth 4000 kroner. Score!
I also got some other catalogs, the Chris Burden catalog from Magasin 3 Konsthall in Stockholm, Olafur Eliasson at Kunsthalle Basel and Thomas Hirschhorn at the Renaissance Society. All for 95 NOK.

Yay library!

No comments: